I just wanted to let you all know of the change that Sam and I have decided to make. (it's the one I refered to in an earlier post as turning our life upside down)
Sam and I have talked about having a disabled child in our home since before we got married. We moved into our new house and decided that our guest bedroom was just too empty. So we decided to open our home to disabled foster children. It will most likely be a long term placement of one child, if it fits.
What finally helped us decide to do this? Divine intervention... Something has been missing since we moved to Utah County and Sam and I just couldn't figure out what. I get emails from the State and agencies looking for staff quite often. But in the last 3 months I had recieved 11 emails about fostering disabled kids I had deleted them thinking there was no way I had time with being a Mom, going to school, Sam working and doing his MBA...Well the 12th email came titled bolded, and every time I tried to delete it the computer froze. Sam and I talked, and decided to give it a try, thinking we had months to change our mind if we wanted to. And I think we would have had months in I would have answered the first email. But that isn't the case.
When we started the process by turning in an application about 2 weeks ago we had heard that the process usually takes a couple of months before you get a placement. We had our home study Tuesday of this week, met with a placement counselor yesterday afternoon, because they have an emergency placement that needs a home. So if I can run like MAD on Monday and get all my trainging done and paperwork finished we will have a foster child in our home by Tuesday.
Wish us luck!
COMPANIONS WITH A MASS MURDERER (not clickbate)
6 years ago
12 comments:
Wow Andrea! That's incredble! I wish you all the luck possible. What a great thing for that child to be in a loving home, just in time for Christmas! You and Sam will be AWESOME foster parents!
Oh Andrea, that is AWESOME! I know you will have everything done in time :)
I'm SO excited for you!!!!!!
That is so cool and it happened so fast. That is great! I wish you lots of luck and happiness. And what a great time of year to do this.
I think that is awesome!! Brad will love it, he has always had a special place in his heart for children with disabilities. We look forward to meeting your special guest!!
You guys are wonderful! What a blessing for everyone involved, I'm sure. Good luck!
wow that is amazing! You guys are amazing. That is something I am not sure that I could do. Good for you. And GOOD LUCK!
There's no one more qualified, and no one who would be better! Isn't it cool when you know you're doing what the Lord has planned for you? Best wishes!
Oh my goodness Andrea!! That is SO wonderful! This is what is supposed to happen.. you guys are going to do AWESOME!! Really.. what a blessing for all of you! There is truly nobody that I know of that would do a better job than you guys!
Well that's exciting for you!! You'll do great at it...and I'm sure things will be fine!! Good luck and I'll be anxious to hear how it all goes!!!
That is awesome Andrea!! You guys will be great.
Thank-you for helping me with Marshall that day at Church. It's really not easy being his parent and I don't know how I find the patience each day but somehow I do. We finally had a long sit down talk with his Pediatrician and the doctor has ruled out (for now) Bi-polar and ODD. He said Marshall's behaviors and the way he responds to medications we've tried really points to Autistic Spectrum. He said we're most likely dealing with 2 things so it's most likely that it's ADHD and Autistic Spectrum. It's nice to have a doctor finally see what we see. I get tired of people acting like we make things up. Marshall is a good kid..he really is..and darn cute too, but there is something wrong and we know it.
Sorry, I've blabbed too long on your blog. You guys are so awesome!
Congrats with it and good luck I hope that you guys will do good I mean I know you will. I have an aunt and uncle who did that and they ended up keeping one of them for a very long time and she was a great person. The lord blesses those who do good and just think of the many wonderful blessing you will be receiving for doing this!
Post a Comment