Saturday, March 7, 2009

Things I miss...

I got thinking today about things I miss...

Alone time with Sam that's not beginning at midnight My Grandma, not really thinking about it I tried to call her on Thursday and then it hit me she was gone. So I went to the nursery and bought a bunch of flowers to plant because my Grandma loved her flowers.
I'll always miss my Grandpa's Seth not being about to climb the chain link fence to chase Mogel's cats. Or Seth climbing the bar stools to bang the pots on the pot rack for that matter.

Having 10 people I could call at any given moment to hang out with, babysit Seth, or vent to and not worry that it was an intrusion. It was so nice to have such great people so close, across the alley or the office foyer. Walking the dogs every night with Sam, visiting the neighbors as we went

I Miss Louie... The CP Primary. I had so much fun in there! The CP Primary Pregnancy, Bishop losing his tie, bedrest primary activity... and so much more.
I miss not having an echo in my left ear. I want the side effects of the stupid ear infection to go away.
I miss my siblings living closer so I could see them and their families more often.


I miss sleep. I guess I could be doing that right now, but instead I am blogging.

Don't get me wrong I am so grateful for what I have now. My life is great, overwhelming, hectic, a chaotic mess, but great.
I just miss things sometimes when I reminisce.

I guess I could put a more positive spin on it...I have a wonderful husband who is bettering himself for me and it will only be 2 years, I'm so grateful I got to know my grandparents, that I enjoy my siblings and can still call them, that I learned so much in Primary, that we rescued Louie and got to love him for 2 years, that I have great friends, that Seth is a happy active little boy (I've worked with some parents that would give anything to have a child that could do active things), that it's only an ear infection and not my kidneys. So it doesn't sound as depressing, because I'm not depressed just had a moment of missing.

6 comments:

Crystal P said...

Oh sweetie! Give me a call anytime you need to! And I'll babysit Seth anytime. We love him, and you, and Sam.

Kellie said...

I sometimes get a sad feeling too, not unhealthly, not depressing, just a sad feeling about things that have changed and people that are gone. And life is great, but you just remember those that you lost or things that you did that can't be recreated at the moment. I think it's healthy.
I've been thinking about grandma a lot too. I think it's been hard for me because I feel like we lost her and then we lost grandpa all over again too.
Anyway, I hope your ear infection goes a way soon. And just think, I'm coming to Idaho in July, so something not to miss.

Allison0124 said...

I miss having you so close too!! Those were fun times! CP Ward is something I will always miss too!! My new ward can't even compare! Love ya!!

Ted said...

hahahahahahah The CP Pregnancy!!

The Jones :) said...

We can all miss things...sounds like you have lots of good things to miss too...but lots of good things in your life too!! You're great!!

Candy said...

I keep thinking about you... I want to come visit... Then I tell myself... No, you will just bug her, and she is to busy. I guess I should tell myself to just shut up and come over! Call me and we can run away or just chat... either way. I am sure I will be over soon.
Love ya!