They do their yearly gymnastics showcase at the end of March.
(I know it's now the middle of May and I am so behind but that's alright, better late than never right?)
The kids practiced so hard and were to excited to get to show off all their new "tricks"
I was helping move all the kids through the circuit so Sam and Uncle Matt were in charge of pictures. Matt took video. And Sam took the still pictures. The only problem was that Sam forgot to tell the camera that the lens was switched so the auto focus was off... so also most of the pictures are very blurry. I really almost cried. They aren't the way I wanted the pictures but alas I can't recreate the event. So I took a few the next week when we were just in the gym between classes.
| Christian loves the rings |
| Seth after a pull over. I couldn't take a picture while doing the pull over because I still spot him |
Seth also loves the rings
| Lexi thinks she rules the gym |
I know boys don't usually do the beam but they really enjoy it and it let's them practice the skills and get them precise.
| Cartwheels are always fun |
Grandpa and Grandma Forsgren came to watch as well. They had been in St. George for a conference and came home a little early so they could come and see the kids perform.
| Waiting for it to start. It was Lexi's nap time. And I took off her jacket which sent her into a crying fit. That and she couldn't just run around the gym there were too many people in her gym. |
Lexi wouldn't stand by Miss Merlene and let her help her. Which is why you know for sure Lexi was tired. Lexi LOVES Miss Merlene. Lexi calls her Coach. But she let me help her for the first part.
They got to swing from the rope
Do a forward roll
Do a Pull over
A back walk over
A spring board jump and stick the landing
and big kicks on the little beam
Then they got a medal.
Then it was Christain's turn.
This is Miss Merlene. She is amazing!!! We love her. She runs such a fun positive program. That is so family friendly but still is teaching the kids skills and they have won a ton of competitions.| Christian's pike swing on the rope. |
| Then his pull over |
| Then a back walk over |
and a few different tricks on the little beam.
Then his medal.
| I seriously could cry. Not a single one is in focus for his medal. |
| Then he did his own little floor show |
Seth with Miss Merlene
Seth did a tuck swing with a drop landing
He really did drop farther than the picture looks the blue mat that it looks like he is going to land on is actually the one he swung off of.
Here is where the pictures get really blurry.Seth's pull over
His round off
There isn't even a picture of his back walk over
And this is the best one from his beam routine.
And again not a single one in focus from him getting his medal.
We tried to do a group picture of them with their medals and me but everyone was done by this time and ready to go.
They have loved gymnastics. I have loved gymnastics. It takes up some time, in between the 5 classes a week and driving back and forth. But it has been so much fun. We really enjoy the coaches, the attitude, the positive atmosphere. I have really enjoyed the Rec center it is such a family friendly place. We didn't stop gymnastics and still go all the time and I am still teaching. This was just really fun for them to have the gym all decorated and be able to show off.
No comments:
Post a Comment