Friday, January 23, 2009

The Men in my Life...

Over the past month I've spent a lot of time talking with FD about people in her life, because of her age a lot about boys and it's me thinking about the "boys" in my life.





Of course, there are the most important My Baugh Boys! The center of my world, the ones that make me smile and are my happy thoughts!
But there are more men in my life then just the Baugh Boys.

I guess some of the most influential are my Grandfathers. I was a Grandpa's girl through and through. I adore them. I could do no wrong and I always knew I was their favorite.
Grandpa Forsgren
Grandpa Lund


I guess the next one would be my Dad. I am a Daddy's girl. Need I say more.



My sister used to say when we were growing up she wanted an older brother. And when I was pregnant I prayed Seth would be a boy because no girl shouldn't have to grow up with out an older brother. My older brothers are amazing, very different but amazing in their own ways.

I don't remember being hit growing up by my brothers, I sucked at football but they let me play any way. They screened my dates, drove me places, let me embarrass them in front of their dates, taught me dating manners, helped my Dad with blessings when I was sick... and so much more.


Matt and Jim are like family even though we're not blood related. Matt and I dated for a while before I met Sam and he met Erin. We became really good friends and had to stop dating because he became to much like a brother. They adopted me into their family. Jim's like having another Dad and Matt like another older brother.




Bishop... I guess he's not Bishop any more but he will forever be Bishop to me. He helped us through a really tough time in our life. Gave up his limited free time on a Saturday to come and be Santa for my Camp kids, just to be nice. He was there when we were down and there to celebrate when things were good.




I guess that's why all these guys have made such an impact on Sam and I they have pulled us up when we are down, and been there to celebrate when we succeed. I guess I just wanted to say Thanks, because I look at the effect that men have had on FD, and I'm so glad I have positive men in my life.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

This is a very nice tribute. I love it!