Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Great Binkie Breakup of 2010

I could post a million and one pictures of Seth with a binkie in his mouth. He's always loved his binkie... in the last year (since Chris was born) though he decided all binkies were for babies except these ones...
There is also a yellow one with a Lion face one it. They are hard to find.

We have been trying unsuccessfully to break Seth of his binkie habit for over a year now. (ok i know I should have tried harder).
If you know Seth you know he is very very head strong and does things his way in his own time. (just like his Daddy, he didn't get any of that from me) After a few interventions including our DCFS worker having him throw his binkies away, I gave up and decided to just let him let go of them when he was ready.
Then one morning about 3 weeks ago, he woke up handed me his binkie and said binkies are for babies. And hasn't had one since. He's asked a few times, but when you remind him binkie are for babies he moves on.
That break up was easier than I thought it would be... do you think if i just leave it alone he will potty train himself too?

I can dream right?

No comments: