Thursday, January 13, 2011

One of those days

Today is one of those days.
Today I miss my support system of people I had when I was younger, the people who understood exactly what it was like to wake up low, how it feels to be high. So I decided that 
Having Diabetes Sucks!
Testing my blood sucks!
The money I have to spend on medical supplies Sucks!
The meds I have to take to survive suck!
The side effects of the meds I have to take suck!
And now the whole eating Gluten free SUCKS!!!
Ok so I'm feeling better eating Gluten free, and I'm glad that we have great insurance and are in a place that we can afford my meds, and that science invented them so I can be alive. I really am  very very blessed.
Today it's just one of those days.
Sam is amazing and supports me and he tries really hard to understand. I have a support system of great foster parent friends that tries to understand how difficult it is to raise a disabled child with all sorts of problems that aren't my fault.
It's just one of those days that I realize how much I want a diabetic support system, or a gluten free support system, or a mom stuck at home support system.
It's just one of those days, and I will be much happier tomorrow, I promise.

PS There is a Mom's group that meets at our church a few times a week and I try to go when it fits into our schedule. What I miss is having one of those groups of people I can just call anytime and not have to have it scheduled. 

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sorry you're having a bad day. I love you! And you can always call, we're only an hour ahead.

The Gubler Family said...

Andrea, I am so sorry you were having such a bad day. You know I only live 2 doors down and you don't need an appointment. I don't know much about diabetes, but I have a shoulder you can cry on anytime. I think you are amazing for all the things that you do.

Donna