So the day Lexie had her 2 month checkup while we were in SLC I had 2 appts and Christian had one.
We'll start with Chris, he saw the general pediatric surgeon to talk about having his tonsils and adenoids out. It was decided that his adenoids are so large the the surgeon didn't feel comfortable taking them out so he referred us to another more specialized ENT pediatric surgeon. So we saw him Friday and scheduled Christian to have his tonsils and adenoids out at Primary Children's in a few weeks. The Dr wanted to do it this week, because with adenoids as large as Christian's it can cause problems with his ears, his palette, speech, and because it is causing Chris to have sleep apnea he's not getting enough oxygen and can cause developmental delays. But I just couldn't do it this week, Sam had to work and I can't do it by myself, Lexi's blessing is next Sunday and Chris wouldn't be up to seeing everyone. So we pushed it off to the week after but the Dr is out of town. So it's pushed back another week. So that's what's happening with Chris.
So for my Dr's appts. I saw first Doc and he cut my insulin way back, thinking that if I let my BS run high then when I drop lower it will be in normal range instead of the extreme low which makes me seize. Being High has it's own set of side effects though. Your body turns acidic and basically starts to eat itself away. And being that acidic it damages your eyes, nerves and kidneys. So this is not a plan that is going to last very long. But hopefully with it being high we can tune my levels better.
The second visit is worried that my hormones and nutrient levels are a mess so the recommended that I go on a liquid diet. That didn't work. I don't know if it did anything to my levels but I can't do a liquid diet. But we'll see.
Seth failed his eye screening at preschool so while we were at the Pediatrician for Lexie and Chris they did an eye screening on Seth again. He passed just fine. I think he didn't understand the test they did at preschool. They did the screen with the E facing different ways, the one at the Dr's office was pictures.
So that's an update on all of our Dr's appts last week. We will survive!
COMPANIONS WITH A MASS MURDERER (not clickbate)
6 years ago
1 comment:
wow. so much to deal with! being a mom is stressful sometimes but it's all worth it at the end of the day!
Post a Comment