Monday, December 3, 2012

On a more positive note

So my last diabetes post wasn't the nicest. It's true diabetes sucks but it hasn't been all bad.

  • I have met a bunch of people who are good friends because of my diabetes. 
  • I had so much fun at diabetic camp... this one time at diabetic camp
  • Diabetes is helping me get funding for school
  • It gives me something random to talk about and weird random stories to tell like, last week I went low and decided that was a good time to give the dog a hair cut. Now, not everyone can say that.
  • I know a lot of health insurance. 
  • My diabetes kept me out of some trouble (it got me into some too but that's a different story) when I was younger I loved to go listen to music and a lot of the bands I like to go see preformed in bars. The friends I went with weren't LDS and didn't obey the Word of Wisdom. They never once offered me a drink part because of being LDS and part because it would mess up my diabetes. So even though I have gone to bars to dance and listen to music I never once had a drink. 


So it's not entirely bad. It's been a blessing and a curse all at the same time. But it's part of me so you accept it, deal with it and just keep going.


~~~~ Side note- it's not that I'm against oils, herbs etc I use supplements to help with my diabetes. I just know it won't cure me. 

No comments: