Fruits of our Labor
Cowboy Seth
Amberli and Lucy
We got home last Tuesday just in time for me to head off to class, and were leaving again on Friday. So Wednesday and Thursday were spent, catching up on laundry, canning the rest of the salsa, preparing my primary lesson for the sub (Thanks Wendy), midterms and homework! But, we were all ready and headed out to Idaho Falls on Friday Morning. We went to visit my Grandma Forsgren. She's pretty sick, but we had a good time seeing her.
We got home late Sunday night...Monday was spent catching up on homework, cleaning, laundry, more homework, picked the last of the veggies from our garden, (expect the pumpkins of course) and getting Seth to start adjusting back to our routine. Which of course includes harrassing the dogs.
Seth with a zucchinni that I swear was little when we left.
Seth trying to chase the dogs out the dog door.
Tuesday, Sam was off work but spent most of the day working on his graduate school application. He's hoping to start in January at Westminster (he'll be driving back to Salt Lake two nights a week). Seth and I worked outside trying to finish getting our yard ready for winter. And Guess what?
We have grass!!!!!!
Seth enjoying the grass, and a view of one of our pumpkins!
Ok, so I knew the grass was coming in before but I figured here is as good as place as any to share how excited I am about it! It took 3 plantings, hours and hours of pulling out goathead thorn plants by hand, but finally the grass is winning over the weeds! But while we were out there enjoying the grass and pruning etc. I decided I needed help de-rocking the previous owners rock garden and using the rocks to line a flowerbed. So, the three so very hard working Gubler kids came over and helped! It went so much faster with their help and I think it looks good. And now I have more room for a real garden instead of a rock one next year.
So, since de-rocking didn't take me as long as I thought... I decorated for Halloween!
It's not the best decorating but it was fun! The purple skull over the light makes it glow purple and it looks eerie at night!
Other big news! Sam got put on the standards comittee (I think that's what it's called) at work and it's a big honor and he's really excited. It's an elite team that goes to help new stores open and fix troubled stores. So it should be fun! Standards comittee, Graduate school, Sam will be one busy guy!
What's up for this week, Tomorrow spending the day with Jenny and Ava, then tomorrow night Sam's sister Angie and her family is staying with us for a visit until Saturday! Better busy than bored!


5 comments:
Wow! You have been busy! Yay for Sam! Congrats on the standards committee! I'm so excited for this weekend. Can't wait to play around with you guys and Angie's family!
Hailey and Brenton love your halloween decorations - they're cool! and of course seeing pictures of great grandma Forsgren.
And look at you domesticated women - all that canning!
Seth is so cute!
Kellie
Holy cow you've been busy...hope things calm down for you soon!! Good luck with that!!
-Becki :)
Holy cow, girl! Did you take a breath last week? LOL!
Oh.. it looks like you have been having fun though!! Sometimes crazy busy is kinda fun!! We need to get together soon!! Call me when things calm a little for you and we can get together!! Congrats to Sam!! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment