Ok my sister in law is great! Here is her story about my nephew Ty's fourth Birthday Cake...
Birthday #4. Let's back up here a moment. Just a few weeks after his third birthday, he somehow decided that he wanted a Jesus cake for his fourth birthday. I thought that was cute, but didn't think too much about it, because I was sure he would change his mind before his birthday, which was almost a year away! Only he never changed his mind. All year he talked about his Jesus cake, and never wavered! So here is where a mother gets confused. Is it disrespectful to put Him on a cake? How do you cut the cake? Who gets what part of His face? It doesn't seem right to just pick at the leftovers like our family tends to do (my sister-in-law calls this phenomenon the Domecake, because the cakes always end up as a circle as we pick at them one bite at a time). After worrying for awhile, I came to the conclusion that if my little boy looks to Jesus as his hero, then that's a great thing, and maybe He would be honored. So...don't laugh, I did the best I could!

Isn't she great? And Ty is so adorable. I just found it funny.
5 comments:
I love that Jesus is his hero. And the cake looks great, too!
You did a great job. I may enlist your help for Ashley's birthday! LOL!
Wow! That is really great!
I think you made the right choice. He must really look up to Him and it's great he thinks Jesus is his hero and I'm sure He feel honored. Great job on the cake. mine would look like a stick figure. you are a good artist.
the cake really does look great and you know it's all in the attitude. Someone else could have made that cake to be irreverant about the savior but the feeling behind this cake was love and honor and that is wonderful.
Post a Comment