Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back Again!

Thursday Sam whisked me away to Oregon for a Birthday Trip! He asked me a little while ago what I wanted for my birthday and I told him I wanted to spend my birthday on the beach, so that's what he made happen. He also got me a amazing Olympus camera I've been wanting for Valentines Day, so the pictures will follow.
We flew out Thursday Morning after our first flight was cancelled, but it worked out OK because we were able to get FD off to school. She got her own vacation at a respite workers house that has a TV in the guest room and a plug for FD's fish. What more did she need for a good time.
We landed in Portland, and drove out to coast. We stayed with our adopted family the Uptons. Their house over looks the bay and is gorgeous. It was so great to see them I miss them so much since they moved.
We ate fresh glorious seafood, sugar free chocolate, flew kites on the beach, built sand castles, stared at the ocean looking for whales, visited a massive aquarium, watched movies, lounged around. It was marvelous!
Seth had a slight congested nose when we left on Thursday, by Sunday he was hardly eating or drinking and coughing so hard he was puking what he had ate and drank. His fever finally broke on Sunday he was still a little grumpy but improving.
We drove back to Portland yesterday after noon and flew home late last night, my birthday. We got FD home and she was excited to see everyone. Seth went to see the Doctor this morning, it's RSV. He's doing pretty well getting rid of the mucus himself so we're just praying it's not going to move down into his lungs more. His fever is back, but he's still eating. So we're hoping it won't get worse.
Sam is congested, coughing, hacking, has a fever but he can wipe his own nose, and is down for a nap. I just put FD to bed because I had to go pick her up from school because she puked everywhere. (She's the 3rd kid this week to get sent home sick in her class). Hopefully that won't spread last time she came home with the stomach flu, she shared with all of us. Seth lost 2 1/2 pounds and still hasn't gained it back.
So here I sit coughing, congested and just waiting for some one to need more medicines, tissues, a puke bowl emptied, Vick's, sprite or some other remedy, but it's OK because being a Mom is great and being a Mom that just had a fabulous break it even better!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

So glad you got a vacation! Sounds like it was lots of fun, can't wait to see pictures. Hope everyone feels betters soon.

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Hey, I am very jealous that you got to go to Oregon! The Oregon Coast is one of the most beautiful spots ever, maybe I am a little biased. Let me know if I can do anything to help you guys. I can't believe how much RSV is in our ward!

Ritzville RS said...

Holy Moly! I am glad you had an excellent trip for your Bday!
I am so sorry that little Seth is so sickly (and the rest of you, to, but I feel the most pity for the helpless one, lol!)

I hope you all get better soon! Can't wait to see fun pics of your fabulous trip!

Crystal P said...

It sounds like you had a great trip! I hope everyone gets better soon!

Julie said...

Gosh, there sure is alot of people with RSV in our ward. Hope things are getting better and that the warm weather gets here soon. I want to go to the beach. Ahhhh sun, water, waves, sand sounds so good.

Ted said...

You better keep HIM!

Wendy said...

So sorry you guys are all sick! And I'm really excited for you and your birthday trip--I love Oregon!