So for the last 2 weeks I've been having contractions. I've brushed them off as Braxton Hicks, they aren't really painful just uncomfortable. I've chalked it up to the stress we've had in the last few weeks, and that I've been sick.
But yesterday while at Costco the contractions got painful. So the boys and I came home, I sat down and relaxed but then my blood sugar went low, and I started puking. So I called the Dr.
The Dr told me go to Labor and Delivery to be checked.
So I called Sam who had just gotten out of a lunch with Elder L Tom Perry, and was on his way to teach his regular Wednesday classes. (this was the only time all month he was teaching late) I wasn't as worried as the Dr. so I told Sam to go teach and I would let him know how it went.
I loaded up the boys, worked out staff for Em and we headed to Salt Lake in rush hour traffic. I called my parents and they were going to meet me at the hospital and take the boys. They got stuck in traffic and it took them a little longer than us to make it there. So after the boys were safely with my parents, I had checked in with Sam. I headed in to L & D.
I got put in a Delivery room. Hooked up to all the monitors. They drew blood, and a bunch of other samples. Sat there forever waiting for labs. Saw the resident again. They hooked up an IV with fluid, turns out I was pretty dehydrated. My blood sugar dropped again. As I was coming up, Sam got there with Em and my Dad had brought the boys so Sam could take them home. By this time it was about 9:15pm. My parents car won't start. So Sam checks on me again. Loads up the car, takes my Dad back to Bountiful. And then drove home to put the kids to bed.
I stayed hooked up to monitors, and had 3 bags of fluid and by the 3rd bag the contractions had stopped, so I got to go home about midnight.
I don't know what I would do without Sam. He is amazing. He keeps it all together so I don't fall apart. (like Tuesday he went early and he set up all the chairs and tables for the RS dinner just to make sure that I wouldn't do it even though I was going to meet Janelle later to do it.) He works hard so I can stay home, he made sure everyone was taken care of and had what they needed last night and got up early this morning to take Em to school and let me sleep in even though he was exhausted. Last night it just reassured me (not that I ever doubted) that Sam is amazing and I am the Luckiest!
COMPANIONS WITH A MASS MURDERER (not clickbate)
6 years ago
2 comments:
Ok first of all you are in really big trouble for not calling me back so I could babysit your kids so you could go to the luncheon with your husband. I told you I could have cancelled my plans. I feel horrible that you missed out on seeing L Top Perry. You should have been there with him. And next time call me and leave the kids with me instead of hauling them up to the hospital. I am so glad that everything is ok.
Awww...husbands are good to have around. I hope you are feeling better. I think what you need to learn from this is to DRINK and EAT more!
Post a Comment