Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter

After our last trip to Hurricane we came home for 5 sleeps and then headed back down for Easter. 
It's a tradition.
 The Halls always do a big Easter party for Mac and his siblings. 
We got there about 8 o'clock Friday night. The boys immediately unpacked the tent, set it up and got ready to sleep out in the pasture. They were so excited. All the older cousins (and their Daddies) slept out. The Mom's and babies slept inside.
The next morning we got up and had a big breakfast with everyone, and then more fun ensued.
 We rode 4-wheelers.
We rode Horses.
We rode dune buggies.
We played with cousins.






















The boys rode the dune buggy too but I didn't get a picture. :(

 We got to play with Papa.


 We got to visit with The Greats. (the Great are Great Grandma and  Grandpa Hall)

  We got to decorate bird houses.





 After a large dutch oven lunch we rolled Easter Eggs.
The tradition was started when Grandma Great was a little girl they would roll eggs down a hill and who ever's when farthest won.
Over the years it's evolved.
This year it turned into the Eggwood derby. Some one even brought a goose egg. That  thing was HUGE!



 Grandma Great has Alzheimers so she doesn't remember why we roll eggs, or who some of us are. But she still seems to enjoy having everyone there especially when we remind her that we are all her descendants.  (ok so we are adopted and/or distantly related descendants but still) Grandpa Great told us that it makes him proud to see everyone there because he worked hard to try to make sure his kids had it better than him, they have worked hard to make sure their kids had it better than them and we are now working hard to teach our kids. According to him that's how we are going  to save the world.
They have worked hard for a long long time.
They still go out every day and take care of a herd of goats for the city.
They still go and move water for their orchards.
They still go check on the cattle.
They still garden.
Because they planned ahead, bought land and planted so many trees, cared for them, I have fruit to put up every year. Because they planned ahead bought land and invested in cattle I have beef to feed my family.
Side note: I love farm fresh beef. Store beef tastes and smells different. I grew up on farm beef. My grandparents raised cattle. It's what I'm used to and I love it and feel so blessed that my kids get to grow up on it too.
 After the egg roll we went on an egg hunt.





 
 Lexi fell asleep right before the egg hunt and I was not about to wake her up. So she got her own little hunt when she woke up.






 



 Cousin Whitney helped too.
 After all that fun we had a couple of hours to relax and then we picked up Grandpa Baugh to take him to dinner for his Birthday.
The next day was Easter Sunday.
 All three of my boys got matching bow ties. 
 Lexi got a new Easter Dress. 




 They got Easter Baskets but I didn't get pictures.
We stayed in Hurricane for 2 more days because Sam had to work training the people at the Employment center down there. So he worked in the mornings and then came home to play.
We played with cousins, jumped on the trampoline, played in the dirt pile, ran and just had a great time.

 Tuesday Afternoon we headed home.
When we got home Seth decided he wanted to ride 4 wheelers more and so did Lexi.
Seth thought it was a lot of fun to run over the dirt that was across the lawn. We had a sprinkler system put in while we were gone.
 
I tried to start the laundry. After all I had 6 days worth of clothes from little boys who rode horses, 4wheelers, dirt piles, dune buggies. But the universe did not think it was important that I did laundry. Our washer wouldn't spin.
So the next day I found a killer deal on a new set (yep we bought a matching dryer too) and we picked it up the day after that.  They are used. But they are less than a year old. Energy efficient, low water, big basins, great reviews online, and we couldn't find anything wrong with them. They people were moving and couldn't take them. New they would have been over $1300. I was ok paying less than a quarter of that.

After a few days of playing catch up we finished out the rest of Spring Break with some more fun.

No comments: