Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday before Memorial Day after Sam got off work we drove up to Layton to see my cousin Kellie who was visiting from St. Louis. Her Grandparents live in Layton. I didn't bring my camera and my phone was almost dead so I didn't get any pics. :( but we had a great time. Kids played well and we talked. It was really nice. 
Saturday we did the normal Saturday stuff. Yard, Cleaning, Laundry etc. We planted 3 new trees. Ripped out 2 old trees. Sam decided (with some minor encouragement) to finally use the random PVC pipe that was left in the yard when we bought the house. Now that we have sprinklers put in there is no need to hold on to it. He built the kids a "Kids Car Wash". They love it. We have since added little "snakes" so it's like the real car wash. 

 We talked about going to SLC on Saturday too, to go to the Super pet adoption. But we didn't. I'm just not ready for another dog. I still miss Lucy. And the not very positive experience with Polly has me wanting to wait a little longer.
 He has enough PVC left over to build a kid size soccer goal so that's a project for this coming weekend. After we rearrange Lexi's room since Katie is moving in on Sunday for a while.
Sunday we went to church and then to SLC to have a BBQ with the Henders. Henders have 3 boys. One is 4 1/2 and the other 2 are 3 1/2. So my boys love to go to their house. Sam, Ryan, Katy and I just got to sit and watch the boys play because they entertained each other. We talked and it was really casual which was really nice.
 Memorial day we went to Enoch's Memorial Day BBQ. It's a tradition. Lexi spiked a fever that morning so she was not happy about going. But she looked really cute.

 Enoch does prizes for different things. Like Best Party Shirt. Best Condiment, Best Dessert, Most patriotic, who eats the most etc.
We won for best dessert (third year in a row), best condiment (again 3rd year in a row), and best party shirt.
Best Party shirt was a 3 part deal. I got the kids shirts, one red, one white and one blue. Lexi did not want to participate so Sam filled in. I made signs that on the front if they stood on order said "It's a bird, It's a plane, NO!"
and then on the back said "It's Super Grill Master Enoch and his Memorial Day BBQ of Awesomeness."
Ok I photoshopped Enoch's head on someone else's body
They won best party shirt. Two years ago Seth won best Party shirt. Last year he should have won but he didn't so I was going to win this year. Last year's shirt had a pic of a soldier and a flag and then one of Enoch and it said My Heroes. The shirt that won was a lame one but whatever we won this year. We swept all 3 categories we entered.
After the BBQ we came home and Uncle Matt and Olivia came to visit and ended up in a water fight with Sam and the boys. Lexi still wasn't feeling very well so we spent most of the time cuddling.
That was our very busy Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: