I haven't exactly kept it a secret that I've struggled since we've moved here in making friends. Don't get me wrong people are nice enough. They are friendly, we just don't get invited to do anything. I see other groups around the neighborhood getting together we're just not a part of it. It really bothered me at first, I took around cookies, we invited people over, offered to serve and we just never seemed to make any close friends or get invited to do things (we did for a few months then about October that ended and I can't figure out what I did). I decided about December that I just didn't have time to worry about it anymore. I had school, FD just moved in, Seth, Sam started school and every day life was overwhelming as it was and I figured I didn't need to spend my time on a project that wasn't making any progress, and I just started keeping to myself.
I've spent alot of time praying about why I had to move here. I loved my neighborhood in Salt Lake, but we needed to move. And it's always felt right to be here, just lonely, really really lonely. I figrued we had to move so we could get FD. But, I could have moved any where in Utah county and still gotten FD so why here? Well, it hit me this week... the Young Women in the ward. FD needs them. They are wonderful for her. They aren't just nice because they have to be. They sit by her at lunch, multiple girls call and invite her to Mutual, they walk with her, they write her notes at school, they aren't embarrassed to talk to her at school, they came to her dance recital, they cheer her on at track meets. The leaders and the YW have been amazing! (THANKS JULIE!) and we've seen some great progression in FD and I really think it's partially because of how wonderful the girls and leaders have been to her that has increased her self esteem so much! So Thank you to the Young Women and Leaders! She can't wait for Girls Camp.

3 comments:
Wow. Andrea! You have spoken all of my feelings and my current circumstance. It's been two years and it's still lonely and awkward despite my best efforts. I have been hoping that I find my place up here, since I know that this is where I need to be.
Thanks for sharing, it sure gave me a new dose of hope!
Andrea we should hang out! I don't have a social life either! ps i found your blog on Karen's blog...ours is daveandpattiedwards.blogspot.com :)
Oh you already have us on your blog! Hooray!
Post a Comment