
Ok I stole this post from my SIL blog, I think it is so funny, and when almost the same situation happened this weekend with FD I'd thought I'd post it too.
My Sincerest Apology...
Dear Nurse at the After Hours Clinic in Orem:It must be hard working off-hours on a Sunday, dealing with people that can't wait to see their normal doctors on Monday. I'm sure I didn't make it any easier for you yesterday.After seven days of non-functioning, and not getting any better, I decided I needed to come see you. Wearing my little mask they gave me to protect others from sickness, I gave you all my info: lots meds and Ibuprofen for the fever...Oh wait, I did use my Albuterol inhaler on Wednesday night... No, I don't smoke...Started my period a couple days ago...On a scale of one to ten, my throat hurts an 8.5 or 9...Mother of a headache last night...still stuffed up...a little nausea...Dad and brother had cold last week...aches...fever...terrible cough...yes, green sputum.I sat up on the exam table like the perfect patient. You looked in my ears: all good. I breathed for you: lungs sound good. And then--I should have warned you, but I forgot. I was too relieved to be taking off the little mask (it gets hot in there!) that I didn't realize what was next. All of a sudden you stuck a stick in my mouth and another stick with a swab on it. I couldn't warn you about my overactive gag reflex. But you sure did find out about it, didn't you? And you also found out first-hand about the green sputum. Just be glad my nausea kept me from eating anything earlier in the day! As you wiped off your face and hands, I didn't even see one look of disgust! You, dear nurse, are a professional!
Dear Nurse at the After Hours Clinic in Orem:It must be hard working off-hours on a Sunday, dealing with people that can't wait to see their normal doctors on Monday. I'm sure I didn't make it any easier for you yesterday.After seven days of non-functioning, and not getting any better, I decided I needed to come see you. Wearing my little mask they gave me to protect others from sickness, I gave you all my info: lots meds and Ibuprofen for the fever...Oh wait, I did use my Albuterol inhaler on Wednesday night... No, I don't smoke...Started my period a couple days ago...On a scale of one to ten, my throat hurts an 8.5 or 9...Mother of a headache last night...still stuffed up...a little nausea...Dad and brother had cold last week...aches...fever...terrible cough...yes, green sputum.I sat up on the exam table like the perfect patient. You looked in my ears: all good. I breathed for you: lungs sound good. And then--I should have warned you, but I forgot. I was too relieved to be taking off the little mask (it gets hot in there!) that I didn't realize what was next. All of a sudden you stuck a stick in my mouth and another stick with a swab on it. I couldn't warn you about my overactive gag reflex. But you sure did find out about it, didn't you? And you also found out first-hand about the green sputum. Just be glad my nausea kept me from eating anything earlier in the day! As you wiped off your face and hands, I didn't even see one look of disgust! You, dear nurse, are a professional!
Test Results? Positive for Strep. I really do hope you have a good immune system, dear After Hours Nurse. So sorry.
Added for FD. I owe you even more of an apology, because you came in with that antibiotic shot to give it to FD in the hip, the crying, the convincing and bribery finally got her to lay down. You bent over to give the shot and she flinched elbowing you in the face that you just got done wiping her sputum off of.
So sorry, I hope you have a good immune system and plastic surgeon.
3 comments:
Ha, HA! That's hilarious! I think nurse is one job I wouldn't be able to do. Kudos to all you nurses out there. We're grateful!
- Chas
http://music.willowrise.com
Oh no! Poor nurse, poor FD, and poor you for having to watch it all!
OMGOSH! LOL! Sounds like a night from hell... for ALL involved! I sure hope FD is feeling better, and that the nurse has a nice vacation this year!
Post a Comment