Sunday, May 30, 2010

How he proposed

I know you are thinking that our proposal was something like when Chandler and Monica got engaged. You're thinking there is going to be rose petals, candles, overwhelming words of love that bring me to tears because Sam is so amazing.

Well our proposal story is a little underwhelming, in fact it's kind of funny. We got engaged on New Year's eve 2002/2003. The Christmas before I got Sam a palm pilot and programed it to be funny to go off at 12:01am on 1/1/03, with a reminder to propose. Well Sam found it before hand, so he started planning. Well, a few days before Sam got pneumonia and was so sick. He would cough so hard. He was on prescription cough syrup that made him loopy. So all our plans changed, of course  I didn't know that he had plans. So, we curled up on his couch in his new apartment (he had to move out by the 1st), with a fire in the fire place, hot cocoa and watched a movie. He dozed off. When the neighbors up stairs started banging pots and pans and screaming happy new year and the alarm on his palm pilot went off, Sam woke up a little bit, rolled off the couch got on one knee and said "will you marry me?" Cough, Cough, Cough. before I could answer he rolled back up on the couch. I leaned over gave him a kiss, said "yes" and tucked the blanket around him and let him go back to sleep. A little while later I went home for the evening.
I was on my way to work the next morning to check on my clients when Sam called me. He said "I was supposed to ask you to marry me last night, did I?"
I told him that he did. He said "oh good."
And that's it, we were engaged, very anti climatic but still very happy.
The next chapter in our story... I haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

Sally F said...

That's great!! A little anti-climatic, but really funny!