Saturday, May 8, 2010

Swim Away Little Fishie Swim Away

Three, almost 4 years ago when I was working running a summer camp we would take the kids swimming at least once a week. One week at the pool they were giving out gold fish. I brought a few home and surprisingly they lived, and lived and kept on living. We have used the fish tank lights for Seth's night light since he was born. I didn't understand why you would by a fake fish thing to put on the side of the crib when I real one was cheaper and looked better, but that's just me.
So Seth has fallen asleep watching his gold fish swim since he was tiny.
Well it was a sad day when we got home from Hurricane...
Fred died.

Seth was so sad, I asked him to say good bye to his fish as we went to flush him and Seth kept saying "no say goodbye, no say goodbye!" After a few minutes Seth said goodbye and flushed Fred away.



Seth started asking today to go and get the fishie a friend. So we may venture to the pet store today. 

1 comment:

Sally F said...

Oh that is soooo sad. I can't believe Fred lived that long. Our apartment in college had a goldfish named fred. it's a good solid goldfish name.