I grew up listening to Bill Cosby. Fat Albert, chocolate cake, we had those bits on cassette and it was not uncommon to have those playing as we cleaned on Saturdays or on our family drives to Idaho.
I was talking to my Dad later and told him about Bill, and he really wanted to go.
So my brothers and sister got my Dad and Mom tickets to see Bill and a hotel room for the night.
We didn't see them much because we were with Sam's work people but it was a lot of fun.
So side note, Bill Cosby has a series of children's books, Little Bill. It's also become a children's tv series. When I worked Special Ed we had one student who loved the little bill books and we had a computer game. The books, computer game, TV series all start out with "Hello Friends, my name is Little Bill." So all night I would read his shirt and hear that student saying it in my head. I was already laughing but that made me smile a little bit more.
He didn't do any of his old stuff but what he did do was pretty funny. It was random and like he was up there just talking to a small group of friends. It helped that we were on the 4th row center. (I felt guilty that we were so close and my parents were a little farther back, they didn't have bad seats, they just weren't as close. But I didn't buy our seats and by the time we got our parents seats there wasn't many seats left. I think they still had a good time.)
So we laughed a lot which was good. We had a night out which was really nice.
The next day we got up and went up to Zion NP. Matt and Chrissy were running their first half marathon and we wanted to be there to cheer them on.
Matt finished just under 3 hours and Chrissy a little while later. Chrissy hurt her knee at like mile 2, but she still finished.
The boys made posters to hold and enjoyed yelling at them to finish.
After the race we hung out with them for a few minutes and then they were going to go back and get in the hot tub. So we went back to Hurricane to meet my parents for lunch.
We spent the rest of the weekend playing and lounging.
Sunday after church we headed home.
Just south of Fillmore a car rolled over. So traffic was stopped, lanes blocked. So it took us a little longer to make it home. But we did.
And we head back down south in 4 sleeps. The boys can't wait, Easter with the Halls is one of their favorite things.

No comments:
Post a Comment