A year or so ago I applied to be an at home reservationist for Jet Blue airlines. Basically, I get to be at home my whole shift I just have to be able to answer the phone and use the Internet and take reservations. Depending on the shift depends on how busy you are. I thought it would be a way to earn some extra money and get to stay home.
Well a year went by, Jet Blue had a hiring freeze so I kindof forgot about it. But today they called and said that out of over 300 applicants there were like 5 of us chosen to begin orientation and start working. The pay is pretty good, the free flights would be nice, and the discounted hotels and stuff wouldn't be bad either. But do I have time for one more thing?
So here are the options that I've narrowed it down to...
Option 1: Take the job, try to take care of the house, FD and Seth, Sam (who's in school 2-3 nights a week) and try to keep going to school myself.
Option 2: Take the Job, try to take care of the house, FD and Seth, Sam and drop out of school for a while
Option 3: Which really isn't an option Take the Job, take care of the house, have FD placed somewhere else (see I said it wasn't really an option) take care of Seth, Sam and stay in school.
Option 4: Don't take the job, and just keep going the way we are.
Any suggestions?

7 comments:
Wow, I don't really have any words of wisdom, but good luck with your decision. PS - Don't forget to pray!
That's a tough one. You do work full time already (doing a great job) as a mom. Maybe one day we'll get paid for it (yeah right). If you have a need of the funds (student loans etc.) then you might set a time limit goal to see how it's working out (say Halloween, or Sep. When school starts again) (Can you use a web enabled phone to do the job?) You can always change your mind and let the job go (can't really take it back) If your meeting your financial goal now why add to your plate? Sorry not much help.
I like EF's ideas, and definitely pray about it. I personally can't imagine adding one more thing to a plate like yours, but I'm not you and don't know what your needs/limits are. A question to ask might also be, "What does Seth need?" Only you, Sam and the Lord can answer that one. Good luck, Andrea! And congrats on the offer!
I agree...pray! My opinion, which really doesn't mean much, is unless you really, really need the money I won't even consider taking it. But Congrats on the offer and I know you'll make the best decision.
I will say a prayer for you guys! It sounds like you will be doing a lot of that in the next few days... Heavenly Father knows what each of us need, and he will let you know what is best for your family. {{{HUGS}}}
Okay option 3 is out of the question. I love FD. I'm glad FD came to YW last night. I hope FD had a good time. I'm glad FD is coming to girls camp. I think prayer is a perfect thing to do. I will pray for you and hope things go well. Congrats on the job offer. Hope it turns out, because staying home and working is the best thing.
This is a tough one. The perks would sure be nice but as someone who worked answering phones from home.... this is my advice. Unless you really need the money. Dont' do it. It is really hard to be consistent with the kids when you have to drop everything to answer the phone. My youngest 3 and I are still recovering in some ways from the years I answered our business phones at home. It took a toll on my mothering in a way that I didn't like. Your Seth is still little so maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal until he got older but being stretched in too many directions makes everything harder and something will have to give.
I'm sure you'll figure out what's best for you!
Good luck.
Post a Comment