With both boys back to school it was Lexi's first day home alone with me in a while and with my semester starting next week we won't have many days with nothing to do.
I could have done a million things, put laundry away, grocery shop, vacuum etc.
But you know what I did, I cuddled my little girl for hours and we sat on the floor and read stories, tried on shoes and giggled.
I have a bunch of neighborhood friends that are sending their little girls away to college, one that just had her little girl get married, and one who's little girl didn't get the chance to live very long. Listening to them talk about sending their little girls to grow up and not having the chance to let their little girl grow up, made me think about my little girl. I'm not ready for her to grow up or let her go. And in a 17 years, which I'm sure will fly by, when she is ready for college (or whatever she chooses) I will have to let go. So I decided that today I was going to hold on tight.
She won't remember the day we spent reading on the floor of her room, but I will.
I will remember her little giggle, watching her sign "more book". Listening to her say "shoe" over and over as she pulled them out of her closet and made me put them on her little feet.
I will remember her playing with my camera and babbling, pointing and then waiting for a picture to show up on the camera screen.
I will remember having a "tea party" and playing with her baby.
I will remember listening to her mimic random words in the story "Green Eggs and Ham" as she read it to Pugsly. Chuckling to myself because she was "reading" with the same inflection that I do when I read "Green Eggs and Ham."
I will remember playing this little piggie went to market on her tiny little toes.
I will remember my sweet little baby girl who loves to say "Mama"
I will remember all the little moments like this and make sure they happen more often so, hopefully the day I have to let her grow up she will remember just how much her Mama loves her.

No comments:
Post a Comment